1. INFORMATION ABOUT ESP
1.1. The website https://www.esp-pathology.org/ (hereafter: the “Website”) is managed and operated under the responsibility of:
International Non-Profit Society European Society of Pathology (hereafter: “European Society of Pathology (ESP)”),
Rue Bara 6, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
1.2. The Website provides as follows: www.esp-pathology.org (hereinafter: the "Service").
3. ACCESSIBILITY AND OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE
3.1. ESP will, insofar as possible, ensure that the Website is up-to-date and remains accessible to a normal number of Users. ESP does not guarantee that the functions of the Website will be available without interruption or error, that defects are immediately corrected or that the server that makes them available is free of viruses or other harmful components.
3.2. ESP cannot be held liable for loss or damage, of whatever nature, which is the result of suspension, interruption, (technical) disruption, delay, difficult accessibility and / or termination of the accessibility of the whole or a part of the Website or viruses or other harmful elements that are present on the Website.
3.3. If the User finds an error, virus or other harmful elements on the Website, he/she is requested to communicate it to ESP at the following address: email@example.com, so that the necessary measures can be taken. ESP advises the User in any case to install firewalls, antivirus and other necessary security software on his computer to prevent damage.
3.4. ESP reserves the right to suspend or stop the Website in whole or in part, at any time, without justification and without prior information.
4. USE OF THE WEBSITE
4.1. The user agrees to use the Website only in accordance with its purpose, to the exclusion of any other purpose.
4.2. The User is obliged to ensure that all information he communicates is accurate and up-to-date.
4.3. The User agrees to use the Website in good faith and to respect the prevailing legislation, and in particular to refrain from:
- sending to ESP false or misleading content (and update this content, if necessary, to ensure that it does not become false or misleading), or communication that occurs as obscene, racist or xenophobic, insultingly illegal, deceptive, intrusive, offensive, harmful, violent, threatening, harassing, slanderous, infringing on intellectual property rights or any of these things;
- providing e-mail addresses or other types of content to ESP without the prior consent of the persons involved;
- sending to ESP content that violates the rights of a third party or damages them in any way (intellectual property rights, privacy, trade secrets, ...);
- sending to ESP any content that refers to illegal websites or websites with inappropriate content;
- using the Website for sending unsolicited spam, pyramid schemes or similar fraudulent processes;
- circumventing technical protection measures for documents and multimedia;
- taking any action that may adversely affect the proper functioning of the Website, the Service, including the use of computer viruses, ransomware or mass mailing;
- gaining (or attempting to gain) unauthorized access to (a part of) the Website or equipment (hardware and software) used for the proper functioning of the Website;
- using of a false name, a pseudonym or use of the identity of someone else or of an entity;
4.5. The User uses the Website entirely at his/her own risk. The Website, the components and all information, software, facilities and associated services are offered as they are, subject to availability without any form of guarantee (explicit or implicit) and within the limits of the applicable legislation.
4.6. ESP cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage (direct, indirect, tangible or intangible) arising from the use of the Website and its components or the inability to use the Website in whole or in part.
4.7. The User is obliged to inform ESP immediately in writing if he / she becomes aware of inappropriate behaviour or prohibited use related to the Website, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. LINKS TO AND ON OTHER WEBSITES
5.1. Links to other Websites can be displayed on the Website. These third-party Websites are not operated by ESP, which cannot be held liable for their operation, content and use. Unless expressly stated otherwise by ESP on the Website, the existence of such links does not imply any approval by ESP regarding these Third-Party Websites or the use that could be made of them, nor any association or partnership with the operators of this Website(s).
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
6.1. The Website and its components (trademarks, logos, graphics, photos, animations, videos, music, texts, etc.) are the property of ESP. They are protected by intellectual property rights (including copyright, design rights, trademarks, etc.) and may not be reproduced, used or distributed without the prior written consent of ESP or, as the case may be, the relevant right holder, under a penalty of infringement of copyrights and / or models and / or trademarks, punishable by three months to three years and a fine of 100 to 100,000 euros or one of these fines only.
6.2. ESP grants to the User a license, non-exclusive, non-transferable, for an indefinite period and at any time and without giving reasons, to gain access to the content of the Website, to view it and only download it for display purposes. The User may also print a copy of the content displayed on the Website for his personal needs, provided that he does not modify the content of the Website in any way and keeps all the mentions of authorship and origin of the Website. Reproduction is therefore only permitted for strictly personal purposes within the meaning of article XI.190 5 ° of the Belgian Code of Economic Law.
6.3. Any use of the Website and its components that are not covered by this article is strictly prohibited.
7.1. Every claim / complaint of the User with regard to the Website will be communicated in writing within eight (8) calendar days after it has become known that there is a reason to do so. The absence of any dispute in accordance with the aforementioned rules implies unconditional acceptance by the User of the fact that gives rise to the claim and, de facto, the definitive waiver of any claim under this point.
8. UPDATES AND LANGUAGE VERSIONS
9. VALIDITY OF CONTRACTUAL CLAUSES
9.2. The nullity, invalidity or unenforceability of some of the provisions implies by no means the invalidity of all provisions. The provision that is wholly or partially invalid, void or unenforceable is considered unwritten. ESP undertakes to replace this provision by another who, as far as possible, pursues the same goal.
10. APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT COURT
11.1. Before commencing legal proceedings, the User and ESP will aim to resolve the dispute amicably. That is why they will first contact, where appropriate and necessary, a mediator, arbitration or any identify another alternative dispute resolution method.