ESP Working Groups
University Hospital Zurich
Schmelzbergstrasse 12 8091, ZURICH, CHE
The European Society of Pathology (ESP) has Working Groups (WGs), most of them focused on a pathology subspeciality and some on other areas of interest. The ESP WGs are platforms for ESP members with a common interest to share expertise and knowledge and to promote educational and research activities in their particular scientific field. Each ESP member can participate in up to two WGs.
Chairs and Co-Chairs of the WGs are elected by the members of the WG on a biennial basis. The Chair can be re-elected for a second term of 2 years and thus can serve as a rule for a 4-year term non-renewable.
The WG Chair and Co-Chair actively contribute and/or participate in the following ESP activities:
- Scientific programme of the Annual European Congress of Pathology
- Educational programme of the European School of Pathology
- Evaluation of ESP Advanced Training Centres and Giordano Fellowship
- Collaboration with clinical/scientific & educational Societies associated with ESP
- Provision of content for the Pathology Progress Test and European Board Examination
- Proposal and preparation of guidelines, recommendation and position papers
- Publications in Virchows Archiv (official Journal of ESP)
- Scientific Programme of the European Society of Pathology Academy
- ESP educational Webinars